Rhodes 19 Class members,
Greeting from your 2020 Rhodes 19 National Championship regatta committee! As promised, our committee met on June 1st to assess the viability of holding the 2020 Nationals. We have some bad news and some good news.
First the bad news. We concluded that in the current environment, we would be unable to put on an event worthy of Nationals. Reason are many, and at a high level include, 1) uncertainty around participation (particularly for travelers), 2) limitations on the ability to run a top notch regatta with limited RC resources (the CYC signal boat Pegasus is not even going in the water this season), and 3) the near certainty that shoreside events would be limited or perhaps not possible at all. So regrettably, the 2020 Nationals is cancelled.
As to the good news, we have secured alternative dates for next year. Mark August 17-20, 2021 in your calendars. The 2021 Nationals regatta will again hosted by Fleet 5 and the Corinthian Yacht Club, and the entire 2020 regatta committee has agreed to stay on and finish the job we started. So circle the dates, and we’ll look forward to seeing you next summer in Marblehead.
One final note – we understand that Class President Mike Lane and the class officers will plan to hold the 2020 Annual Meeting on Zoom. So keep an eye out for details on that.
Please feel free to reach out to either of us if you have questions or comments.
All the best,
Kim Pandapas (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Elise Nash (email@example.com)
Rhodes 19 2020/2021 National Championship Co-chairs
1988 Rhodes 19 for sale. Fixed keel. Comes with main, jib, spinnaker and Coast Guard required safety gear. Sails in good condition, spinnaker looks lightly used. Structurally sound, cosmetically needy. Bottom painted and keel epoxy sealed in 2018. Sail it as is or could be a great fix up project if you are handy. Priced to sell at $500.00
St. Petersburg FL
The 2020 Nationals will be held in Marblehead August 26-29 hosted by Fleet 5 and the Corinthian Yacht Club. We hope to see you all there.
The NOR is now available below.
2020 Rhodes 19 National Championship NOR v4
Also available is the regatta website at 2020nationals.rhodes19.org
1998 Rhodes 19 Center board model. Includes Mercury 3.5 motor and trailer REDUCED $12,950
Boat is located in Iowa City, IA email firstname.lastname@example.org
Boat was purchased in 2014 and sent to Stuart marine for refurbishing. Pictures of the Stuart refurbishing are available upon request. The Boat receive new interior paint, Exterior hull was wet sanded, wax and buffed. Other items listed below. Class Legal Doyle main and jib purchased in 2014. Sails and boat have seen light use and has been meticulously maintain and stored inside during the offseason.
Refurbishing by Stuart Marine in 2014. Includes the following:
new traveler blocks and sheet.
New boom vang blocks and sheet
New cushion and covers
New foredeck covers
New storage cover (cover has a couple of small holes)
New Split backstay
New Boom Vang and hardware
New mainsheet hardware and
New hiking straps and hardware
New Masthead fly
New toping lift
New Outhaul and hardware
October Mainsheet is here
Rhodes 19, keel. O’Day, 1975, #2476. Original owner. Condition: Very good. Sailed only recreationally in 70s and 80s. Never raced. Ribs replaced in 2011. Murphy & Nye sails. Includes trailer. $5K. Manchester-By-The-Sea, MA. 508.612.3997
condition: very good
length overall (LOA): 19
make / manufacturer: O’Day
model name / number: Rhodes 19
Description: 1969 Rhodes 19, with the cast iron CB, and trailer that have both been extensively refurbished over the past 8+- years. This boat is in very good condition. The boat has been used less than 6 times since the work below was done:
- New oak ribs glassed into hull
- repaired/epoxied and painted cockpit sole boards new adjustable backstay all new running rigging:
- boom vang
- jib block sheaves
- jib sheet quick release/swivel jamb cleats
- main and jib sheets
- docking lines
- centerboard lift lines and cable
- Rebuilt centerboard and roller/pully
- Removed/ground/refinished cast iron CB
- Replace CB bushings
- Replace CB trunk bushings
- Replace CB pennant (lift cable and lift line)
- Ground hull below waterline removing years of old bottom paint. 6 coats of barrier coat below the waterline
- New telescoping boarding ladder
- Rebuilt trailer including new: bunks; winch; tongue jack; rollers; tires; lights; springs
- Sails built by Harding Sail Loft Marion MA
- Cockpit cover custom cut to accommodate the mainsail flaked on boom. http://www.sailorstailor.com/proddetail.asp?prod=RH1905COC
- New Jiffy Reefing
- New Lazy Jacks
- Rebuilt Rudder
- New Tiller
I’m asking $4,500 for both boat and trailer. Send email to Jamey.Rosenfield@ihsmarkit.com or call +1 617 699 6654 if interested. Boat is in my driveway in Lexington, MA
1969 O’Day Rhodes 19 with Karavan trailer – $4000
Centerboard model in great shape and ready to sail! Comes with trailer in excellent condition.
- Centerboard model
- Standing rigging replaced new 2015
- All floor beams replaced in 2012 with oak floor timber kit from Stuart Marine Corp.
- All running rigging replaced in 2012 with New England Ropes Sta-set
- Kenyon mast and boom in excellent shape.
- Ribs rebuilt 2011.
- Sails in fair condition; includes main, jib and a like-new spinnaker that has been barely used. Sails are fine for day sailing, but should be replaced for racing. Needs a spinnaker pole.
- 2007 Karavan trailer in excellent condition with title.
- Boat and trailer are both titled.
- Located in Amherst, Mass but happy to deliver within 3 hour drive.
The 2019 Rhodes 19 National Championship wrapped up Saturday in Hull Bay, MA with the 36 boat fleet completing eight races in light to moderate conditions. Chris, Debbie, and Christopher Schreiber won the regatta with a steady scoreline of 2-(7)-1-1-3-2-2-3 for 14 points. Taking 2nd with 28 points was Dave Nelson who sailed with his son and daughter, and finishing 3rd was Nat and Jim Taylor sailing with Yati Harsono with 30 points. Rounding out the top five was Hingham’s Joe Berkeley in 4th with 33 points and Wilson Kaznoski in 5th with 35 points. It should be noted that of the top five boats, four were sailing with family crews!
Hosted jointly by Hingham and Hull Yacht Clubs (Rhodes Fleet 46), the first two days of the regatta were raced in light winds with the race committee doing well to get two races in each day. The final day was a beautiful sunny 12-17 knot northeasterly that saw four good races completed. The regatta saw five different boats winning races in the eight race series and clean racing with only one protest heard over the three day event.
Full results here: