Rhodes 19, keel. O’Day, 1975, #2476. Original owner. Condition: Very good. Sailed only recreationally in 70s and 80s. Never raced. Ribs replaced in 2011. Murphy & Nye sails. Includes trailer. $5K. Manchester-By-The-Sea, MA. 508.612.3997
condition: very good
length overall (LOA): 19
make / manufacturer: O’Day
model name / number: Rhodes 19
Description: 1969 Rhodes 19, with the cast iron CB, and trailer that have both been extensively refurbished over the past 8+- years. This boat is in very good condition. The boat has been used less than 6 times since the work below was done:
- New oak ribs glassed into hull
- repaired/epoxied and painted cockpit sole boards new adjustable backstay all new running rigging:
- boom vang
- jib block sheaves
- jib sheet quick release/swivel jamb cleats
- main and jib sheets
- docking lines
- centerboard lift lines and cable
- Rebuilt centerboard and roller/pully
- Removed/ground/refinished cast iron CB
- Replace CB bushings
- Replace CB trunk bushings
- Replace CB pennant (lift cable and lift line)
- Ground hull below waterline removing years of old bottom paint. 6 coats of barrier coat below the waterline
- New telescoping boarding ladder
- Rebuilt trailer including new: bunks; winch; tongue jack; rollers; tires; lights; springs
- Sails built by Harding Sail Loft Marion MA
- Cockpit cover custom cut to accommodate the mainsail flaked on boom. http://www.sailorstailor.com/proddetail.asp?prod=RH1905COC
- New Jiffy Reefing
- New Lazy Jacks
- Rebuilt Rudder
- New Tiller
I’m asking $4,500 for both boat and trailer. Send email to Jamey.Rosenfield@ihsmarkit.com or call +1 617 699 6654 if interested. Boat is in my driveway in Lexington, MA
The 2019 Rhodes 19 National Championship wrapped up Saturday in Hull Bay, MA with the 36 boat fleet completing eight races in light to moderate conditions. Chris, Debbie, and Christopher Schreiber won the regatta with a steady scoreline of 2-(7)-1-1-3-2-2-3 for 14 points. Taking 2nd with 28 points was Dave Nelson who sailed with his son and daughter, and finishing 3rd was Nat and Jim Taylor sailing with Yati Harsono with 30 points. Rounding out the top five was Hingham’s Joe Berkeley in 4th with 33 points and Wilson Kaznoski in 5th with 35 points. It should be noted that of the top five boats, four were sailing with family crews!
Hosted jointly by Hingham and Hull Yacht Clubs (Rhodes Fleet 46), the first two days of the regatta were raced in light winds with the race committee doing well to get two races in each day. The final day was a beautiful sunny 12-17 knot northeasterly that saw four good races completed. The regatta saw five different boats winning races in the eight race series and clean racing with only one protest heard over the three day event.
Full results here:
I am looking for a trailer for a Rhodes 19 with a keel. I can be reached at email@example.com or 917-428-9230.
George J. Ellis
New owner of an old Rhodes 19 looking for used main and jib. Located in mid coast Maine.
202 492 8999 cell
>Hull Number 2690
>2014 Doyle Racing Sails, limited use
>2015 Custom Doyle Racing Spinnaker and 2013 Extra Doyle Spinnaker
>Cradle Ride Trailer
>Baltoplate Racing Bottom
>New forestay, adjustable backstay and shrouds
>Lewanda Marine racing rudder, teak/holly tiller
>Custom Awlgrip painted hull with boot stripe
>Many new rigging features
>Fast boat with lots of extras not listed.
>All brightwork re-done
Boat located in Edgartown, MA will deliver to Falmouth, MA.
Click here for the regatta website.
The May 2019 Mainsheet is here!
Rhodes Oday Mariner 19 Sailboat for sale for $1375 in Kalamazoo Michigan. The boat is in good shape.
For a full listing and pics see Kalamazoo Craiglist under Boats or call: 269-910-7972