Rhodes 19, keel. O’Day, 1975, #2476. Original owner. Condition: Very good. Sailed only recreationally in 70s and 80s. Never raced. Ribs replaced in 2011. Murphy & Nye sails. Includes trailer. $5K. Manchester-By-The-Sea, MA. 508.612.3997
condition: very good
length overall (LOA): 19
make / manufacturer: O’Day
model name / number: Rhodes 19
Description: 1969 Rhodes 19, with the cast iron CB, and trailer that have both been extensively refurbished over the past 8+- years. This boat is in very good condition. The boat has been used less than 6 times since the work below was done:
- New oak ribs glassed into hull
- repaired/epoxied and painted cockpit sole boards new adjustable backstay all new running rigging:
- boom vang
- jib block sheaves
- jib sheet quick release/swivel jamb cleats
- main and jib sheets
- docking lines
- centerboard lift lines and cable
- Rebuilt centerboard and roller/pully
- Removed/ground/refinished cast iron CB
- Replace CB bushings
- Replace CB trunk bushings
- Replace CB pennant (lift cable and lift line)
- Ground hull below waterline removing years of old bottom paint. 6 coats of barrier coat below the waterline
- New telescoping boarding ladder
- Rebuilt trailer including new: bunks; winch; tongue jack; rollers; tires; lights; springs
- Sails built by Harding Sail Loft Marion MA
- Cockpit cover custom cut to accommodate the mainsail flaked on boom. http://www.sailorstailor.com/proddetail.asp?prod=RH1905COC
- New Jiffy Reefing
- New Lazy Jacks
- Rebuilt Rudder
- New Tiller
I’m asking $4,500 for both boat and trailer. Send email to Jamey.Rosenfield@ihsmarkit.com or call +1 617 699 6654 if interested. Boat is in my driveway in Lexington, MA
1969 O’Day Rhodes 19 with Karavan trailer – $4000
Centerboard model in great shape and ready to sail! Comes with trailer in excellent condition.
- Centerboard model
- Standing rigging replaced new 2015
- All floor beams replaced in 2012 with oak floor timber kit from Stuart Marine Corp.
- All running rigging replaced in 2012 with New England Ropes Sta-set
- Kenyon mast and boom in excellent shape.
- Ribs rebuilt 2011.
- Sails in fair condition; includes main, jib and a like-new spinnaker that has been barely used. Sails are fine for day sailing, but should be replaced for racing. Needs a spinnaker pole.
- 2007 Karavan trailer in excellent condition with title.
- Boat and trailer are both titled.
- Located in Amherst, Mass but happy to deliver within 3 hour drive.
>Hull Number 2690
>2014 Doyle Racing Sails, limited use
>2015 Custom Doyle Racing Spinnaker and 2013 Extra Doyle Spinnaker
>Cradle Ride Trailer
>Baltoplate Racing Bottom
>New forestay, adjustable backstay and shrouds
>Lewanda Marine racing rudder, teak/holly tiller
>Custom Awlgrip painted hull with boot stripe
>Many new rigging features
>Fast boat with lots of extras not listed.
>All brightwork re-done
Boat located in Edgartown, MA will deliver to Falmouth, MA.
Rhodes Oday Mariner 19 Sailboat for sale for $1375 in Kalamazoo Michigan. The boat is in good shape.
For a full listing and pics see Kalamazoo Craiglist under Boats or call: 269-910-7972
This boat was donated to a non-profit sailing school (www.lwsa.org ) and is being sold below market price for the benefit of this organization
This boat is a 1975, and is in good original condition. You will see that the gelcoat has held up extremely well. It has the original fittings – not a bunch of filled-in screw holes from changes made along the way.
The rudder was replaced two years ago. The wooden ribs, often an issue with older Rhodes 19’s, were replaced by Fays Boatyard in 2011 for a cost of $2,324.
There is a like-new cockpit cover, and a built-in gusher pump. The sails will be fine for cruising; you will likely want to replace them if you plan to race.
The tires on the Triad trailer were replaced 6 years ago. The lights work.
The donor was very fastidious (a pharmacist). The boat was in use until last fall, and everything is there to sail it away on day one.
For lots of pics of this boat, please click HERE
Please contact me with your questions – firstname.lastname@example.org
Located in Guildford New Hampshire
This Oday Rhodes 19 has been measured when San Francisco Fleet 17 was active. She has won numerous trophies including 1st of over 100 boats in the San Francisco – Stockton (70mi) race.
Heavy anodized tapered mast
Reinforced boom with mounts for spinnaker pole
Stainless keel bolts
Working lines lead to cuddy console control
FG rudder from Stuart
Doyle main, 2 Doyle jibs, Pineapple spinnaker
Single point lifting sling
Licensed highway trailer with like new tires
Trailer has a 2 step ladder welded above left wheel
Cradle for mast transport
Long storage box on trailer for 2 jibs and rudder with tiller attached Long tube for mainsail storage on trailer
Bottom Sider custom cushions (4)
Boat is on its trailer at the San Francisco Yacht Club. $7,500
Strong and f-a-s-t
Contact Bill Royall at (415) 827-3900 or email@example.com