On January 13, 2021, we held the 2020 Rhodes 19 Annual Class Meeting. It was very well attended and we had a great discussion on several of the proposals detailed below. The minutes from this meeting have been posted to the class web site (http://rhodes19.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/2020-Rhodes-19-Annual-National-Class-Meeting-Minutes-1.pdf) for your review.
We received votes from 95 members. Since this vote was taken without proxies, these results accurately represent the class.
Voting Results –
- Approval of 2019 class meeting minutes – Approved
- Proposed Class Officers – Approved
- 2020 Annual Dues $0 – Approved
- 2021 Annual Dues $35, or $0 if no regattas are held – Approved
- $75 per boat stipend, with a minimum of $1,500 total for the 2021 National Championship – Approved
- By Law Changes
- Change B 12.00.02 – Approved
- To – The Person in Charge either a) must have campaigned a Rhodes 19 either during 25% of the current racing season within the territory of the fleet they represent as helmsman, b) have been a Member of the Rhodes 19 Class Association for two consecutive years immediately prior to the current year, or c) have been a past district or national champion as helmsman, or d) not yet reached their 25th birthday by the first day of the regatta. If the Person in Charge is not the Helmsman, then the Helmsman is subject to the same criteria.
- Following B 12.00.03, add: – Approved
- Any ISAF Sailor Classification (http://www.worldsailingywc.org/tools/documents/classificationcode-%5B432%5D.pdf) Category 3 sailor participating in a class sanctioned event either a) must have sailed a Rhodes 19 either during 25% of the current racing season within the territory of the fleet they represent, b) have been a Member of the Rhodes 19 Class Association for two consecutive years immediately prior to the current year, or c) have been part of the winning team (helmsman or crew) of a past Rhodes 19 district or national championship.
- Neither helmsman nor crew shall accept a payment or fee specifically for participating in a race.
- Change B 12.02 – Not Approved
- From – The minimum total crew complement per boat shall be three for all races.
- To – The minimum combined weight of all crew and helmsman shall be 425 pounds.
Since the proposed change to by-law B 12.02 did not pass, and given the robust discussion on this topic, we have drafted an alternative proposal for your consideration. Per class rules, after you have had 30 days to review and consider these proposed changes, we will conduct an electronic vote.
- B 12.02 – The minimum total crew complement per boat shall be three for all races.
- B 12.03 – The names of the crew on each boat, including Helmsman, shall be specified in the regatta registration form. Any substitutions beyond those names require the written consent of the judges.
- B 12.02 – The total crew complement per boat, including Helmsman, shall be no less than two for all races.
- B 12.03 – The total crew complement shall be declared at registration, shall apply for all races, and shall not be increased or decreased for any reason.
- B 12.04 – The names of the crew on each boat, including Helmsman, shall be specified at registration. Any substitutions will require the written consent of the judges.
– Mike Lane, Rhodes 19 Class Association President